Singapore Para-Athletes Commission
The Singapore Para-Athletes Commission will serve as the collective voice of para-athletes in Singapore. Serving as the liaison between SDSC, SNPC, and Singapore para-athletes, the Singapore Para Athletes Commission seeks to represent the interests and views of para-athletes. Additionally, the Commission seeks to provide effective input into decision-making so that para-athletes train and compete within a supportive and transparent system. This gives them the best opportunity of reaching sporting excellence goals.
Terms of Reference
- The members of the Singapore Para Athletes Commission are elected for a term of 2 years, aligned to the terms of office of the SDSC Executive Committee & SNPC Board of Governor.
- The Commission will meet at least once every 6 months.
- The Commission’s role is to represent the views and interests of Singapore para-athletes. They play the role of a representative body for athletes in advising and providing feedback to SDSC & SNPC on matters related to athletes’ development, training, selection, and well-being; promote understanding of SDSC, SNPC & the Paralympic Movement, sporting excellence and fair play.
The Singapore Para Athletes Commission will comprise of 6 elected members and 2 members appointed by the SNPC Board of Governors in consultation with SDSC to ensure sport and gender representation. Out of the 8 members, it should include no more than 2 former athletes.
The 6 elected members must come from different sports and are elected by para-athletes who have represented Singapore at a regional or international para games.
The Singapore Para Athletes Commission will comprise of the following:
Ex-Officio Member: SDSC Sports Manager
Eligibility for Election
Only 1 athlete per sport is to be nominated.
Athletes to be considered for election must be:
- nominated and seconded by athletes who have represented Singapore
- must be at least 18 years of age and have represented Singapore at least twice at any one of these games/ championships: ASEAN Para Games, Asian Para Games, Paralympic Games; World Championship for a specific para-sport.
The members of the SDSC/SNPC Athletes’ Commission (2018-2020) are:
Ms. Nur Syahidah Alim, Chairperson
Mr. Kalai Vanen, Vice-Chairperson
Mr. Jeremiah Tan, Honorary Secretary
Ms. Alvina Neo, Member
Mr. Mohd Ismail Hussain, Member
Ms. Nurulasyiqah Taha, Member (appointed by SNPC/SDSC)
Ms. Yip Pin Xiu, Member (appointed by SNPC/SDSC)
Ex-Officio Member: Mr. Kang Tze Wei, SDSC High Performance Assistant Manager
To contact the SDSC/SNPC Athletes’ Commission, please email email@example.com
Calling for nominations for the Singapore Para Athletes’ Commission (2020-2022)!
The Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) and Singapore National Paralympic Council (SNPC) are calling for para athletes who are interested to serve on the Singapore Para Athletes’ Commission (SPAC) for the term 2020-2022. The SPAC will serve as the collective voice of para athletes in Singapore. Forming a robust link between the SNPC, SDSC and local para athletes, the SPAC seeks to provide conducive input for fair and transparent para sports policies and conduct complementary activities to develop athletes that are professional, respective and inspirational.
Call for nominations: closed
Please note that the number of nomination received did not qualify for a vote. The members of the SPAC (2020-2022) will be announced by SNPC in consultation with SDSC by end Nov 2020.