The Sports Excellence programme is an elite programme introduced and administered by the Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) to identify and develop world class athletes. This programme challenges athletes to excel in sports and achieve their maximum potential through a structured course of intensive training coupled with opportunities to compete at the highest levels. The Sports Excellence programme has over the years successfully produced a number of regional and world class athletes for Singapore.
- Establishing a local network of elite level of competitions in Singapore and create opportunities for more overseas competitive exposure.
- Develop a comprehensive coaching framework to provide continuity in coaching practices throughout all levels of the SDSC sports programmes.
- Develop a comprehensive framework for the management of athletes, in terms of support, from recreational level to elite level in order to create a clear development pathway.
- Establishing sports intelligence database of competitors.
- Establishing a Centre of Excellence for disability sports, providing for the disabled-friendly facilities and equipment to support and enhance their development.
International Paralympic Committee (IPC) Athletics World Championships
BWF Para Badminton World Championships
Asia and Oceania Boccia World Championships
International Paralympic Committee (IPC) World Swimming Championships
- Paralympic Games
- Commonwealth Games
- ASEAN Para Games
- Asian Youth Para Games
- Asian Para Games