National Classifier Workshop:
BWF Para-Badminton World Championships 2017
BWF is organizing a National Classifier Course in Ulsan, South Korea during the BWF Para-Badminton World Championships 2017.
Application will be prioritized from interested applicants who will be able to share the knowledge gained and assist in the development of Para-Badminton in Singapore.
Deadline of application will be on 2 October 2017.
Download application form HERE
Those that are interested in learning about Para-Badminton classification can fill up the form and send it to Syahmi Sabron at firstname.lastname@example.org
At the moment, BWF is limiting the course to one participant per country.
Please read course information before submitting the application form.
Information – National Classifier Workshop
Location: Dongchun Gymnasium, Ulsan, South Korea
Date: 20 – 22 November 2017
Attending this course does not qualify a person to classify an athlete for a BWF sanctioned event.
The aims/objective of the National Level course are:
- To focus on the theory of classification in Para-Badminton.
- To focus in detail on the Minimal Impairment Criteria and show how these are applied in Player Evaluation.
- To observe Player Evaluation under supervision and identify the stages and the roles of the Classifier in the process.
Itinerary – National Level Classifier course
Duration – maximum 3 days
- Monday 20 November – Day 1 – Theory
- Tuesday 21 November- Day 2 – Observation (players’ evaluation)
- Wednesday 22 November – Day 3 – Observation (competition)
- The knowledge the course provides will be useful when new players join the country’s Para-Badminton program and needs an opinion from someone who understands Para-Badminton classification.
- Take note that only a BWF International Classifier panel can confirm a player status and class.
- Although a qualification in medicine/physiology is not needed for a national classifier course, if a person would like to move forward to other classifier courses, he or she must have a high level of understanding in those subjects.
- Participants will be responsible for their own accommodation, meals, and transportation throughout the duration of this course. BWF will not cover the expenses of any of the items above.
- Participants will need to complete all 3 days of the course in order to receive a participatory certificate.
- Further information about the BWF Para-Badminton World Championships can be found on the Para-Badminton calendar (link)