About Majulah Para Sports Bursary 2021
The Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) is introducing a new sports bursary award, the Majulah Para Sports Bursary 2021 to help persons with disabilities engage meaningfully and successfully in sport. This bursary is launched in 2021, and supported by the JCCI Singapore Foundation.
Recipients of the bursary would be expected to use the awarded quantum for their pursuits in sports. These could be in the areas of coaching, classification, competitions, transportation, nutrition and equipment.
1. Deadline for Application
- Applications must reach SDSC by 5.00pm, Friday, 8 October 2021.
2. Who can apply?
- The applicant must be a Singapore Citizen and a person with disability.
- Applicants must be an individual member of SDSC, or, must be a member of SDSC’s Ordinary or Associate Member. [Become a member here.]
- Applicants who are carded under Sport Singapore’s spexCarding are welcome to apply.
- All applicants must display good character and must:
- Have a clean disciplinary history in sports
- Must not have on-going investigations of their conduct or activities
- Must be in good standing with SDSC and their member organisations (if applicable)
- Applicants should possess a monthly Gross Household Income (GHI*) not exceeding $7,000 or Gross Monthly Per Capita Household Income (PCI^) of $1,500 and below.
*GHI – Total sum of gross income of all the family members living in the same household.
^PCI – Total household’s gross income divided by the total numbers of family members living in the same household.
3. Selection Process
Shortlisted applicants would be contacted for an interview with the bursary panel. Recipients would be finalised based on the level and length of impact that is expected to be achieved with the support, based on the best understanding of the panel.
The decision of the panel is final; enquiries regarding the selection of the recipients will not be entertained.
4. Bursary Value, Disbursement and Impact Reporting
- Bursary quantum shall vary, depending on the needs expressed in the application. The applicant is advised to evaluate his or her prioritises and needs carefully before putting up the request. Requests above $10,000 or those deemed excessive shall not be considered. The bursary shall be disbursed to the recipient in one lump sum or in two tranches, depending on the nature of the support requested. If the disbursement is carried out over two tranches, the first disbursement will be made upon the confirmation of the recipient. The second disbursement will be made at the six-month mark, upon the receipt of the impact report. Recipients must submit impact reports at the 6- and 12-month marks.
5. How to Apply
Fill in the application form and obtain the necessary endorsement required from a representative of your member organisation, or, from SDSC.
Submit the completed application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm, Friday, 8 October 2021, with the subject title Majulah Para Sports Bursary 2021.
All applicants will be informed of their results on Friday, 29 October 2021. Recipients will be invited to a presentation ceremony.
Download the application form here.
Queries are to be directed to email@example.com.