The Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) is honoured to receive the kind funding support from Haw Par Corporation to continue the Haw Par Para Sports Bursary for the third consecutive year in 2020.
The Haw Par Para Sports Bursary aims to support deserving Persons with Disabilities (PwD) from disadvantaged backgrounds to shine in sports. An estimate of 20 bursaries would be given out each year, ranging between values of $900 and $1,800, to help cope with sport-related expenses that are not supported or subsidised by other funding channels.
A total sum of $42,800 was given out to 31 beneficiaries in the 2019 edition of the Haw Par Para Sports Bursary Awards. Haw Par’s support over two years is a total of $85,400.
The results for Haw Par Para Sports Bursary 2020 is OUT (Updated: 2 October 2020)
Eligibility and Criteria
I) The applicant must either be:
- A member registered with a member organisation of SDSC (i.e. associate member or ordinary member of SDSC) OR
- An Individual Member (IM) of SDSC
The application form must be submitted together with endorsement by the member organisation, as indicated on page 3 of the application form. If the applicant is not currently a registered member with a member organisation of SDSC, nor an IM of SDSC, this application form must be submitted together with the IM form.
II) The applicant should be an active athlete and require financial assistance for
- Classification-related expenses (such as medical check-ups, psychological assessments)
- Sports science and medicine expenses (such as physiotherapy, nutrition)
- Training and competition expenses (such as transportation, personal equipment, coaching services, and competition participation fees)
III) Return applicants (applicants who have received the bursaries before in previous year) are welcome to re-apply.
- The applicant must be a Singapore Citizen.
- The applicant must be in good standing with SDSC (no disciplinary record or investigation).
- The applicant should demonstrate potential, good or improving performance, as well as exemplary conduct in the sport, such as regular attendance and strong commitment.
- An applicant who is currently not carded with Sport Singapore would be given priority consideration. Athletes who are on spexScholarship or have been carded E1/E1P/E2/E2P underSportSG spexCarding are NOT eligible. The applicant must also not have been offered SportSG spexCarding and rejected the offer for the current year.
- The applicant possesses a monthly Gross Household Income (GHI*) not exceeding $7,000 or Gross Monthly Per Capita Household Income (PCI^) of $1,500 and below.
- For individuals who are below 18 years old, parental/guardian consent is required for the application.
*GHI – Total sum of gross income of all the family members living in the same household.
^PCI – Total household’s gross income divided by the total numbers of family members living in the same household.
- Should an applicant be successful, the quantum shall range from $900 to $1,800, dependent on assessment of the applicant’s profile and information submitted.
Complete the appended application form and obtain endorsement from a representative from a member organisation of SDSC (if applicable). The completed application form must be submitted through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject Haw Par Para Sports Bursary 2020 before 5.00pm, Friday, 25 September 2020.
Queries can be directed through the same email or by contacting your sports officer.
Download the application form from here
- Download the IM form from here
Result of Application
Application outcomes shall be informed to successful applicants by Friday, 2 October 2020.
[Updated 2 October 2020]: Congratulations to all successful recipients. The full list of successful recipients is available for download here. Successful recipients are required to check your e-mail inbox for an e-mail with more information.
For any queries, please contact Lim Wei Hao at email@example.com or your sports officer.