The Haw Par Para Sports Bursary aims to support deserving para athletes from disadvantaged backgrounds to shine in sports. An estimate of 20 bursaries would be given out each year, ranging between values of $900 and $1800, to help athletes cope with sport expenses such as medical checkups and nutrition.
Who should apply?
- Active athletes who are training in programmes supported or managed by SDSC and require financial assistance for sports nutrition, services or personal equipment.
- Athletes who require funding support for medical check-ups and classifications to qualify for international competitions or major games, but do not have the means to do so.
- Individual must be a Singapore Citizen.
- Individual must be in good standing with SDSC, and have signed the latest Athletes’ Agreement with SDSC or their National Disability Sports Association (NDSA).
- Individual needs to show potential, good or improving performance, as well as exemplary conduct in the sport.
- Athletes who are not currently not carded with Sport Singapore would be given priority consideration. Athletes who are on spexScholarship or have been carded underSportSG spexCarding are NOT eligible. Athletes must also not have been offered SportSG spexCarding and rejected the offer for the current year.
- Possess a monthly Gross Household Income (GHI*) not exceeding $6,500 or Gross Monthly Per Capital Household Income (PCI^) of $1,500 and below.
- For individuals who are below 18 years old, a parental/guardian consent is required to support the application.
*GHI – Total sum of gross income of all the family members living in the same household.
^PCI – Total household’s gross income divided by the total numbers of family members living in the same household.
- Bursary values will vary based on the candidates’ profile and their financial status.
The application window for 2019 will be advised at a later date