The Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) is the national sports body for the promotion and development of disability sports. We run a wide range of disability sports programme and are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team as a coach.
Period of contract: 1 April 2020 till 30 September 2022 with an option to extend till 30 September 2023.
Planning, Administration & Implementation
- produce personalised yearly training programmes for different athletes
- implement and monitor training plans; review plans and provide reasons for modifications where necessary
- maintain records of athletes’ performance
- coordinate and maintain records of athletes’ attendance at training
- recommend appropriate competitions for athletes, especially athletes in the elite squad
Coaching and Performance Management
Be able to:
- coach athletes in the specific sports; ensure athletes development and acquisition of skillfulness required for high performance
- evaluate performance and providing suitable feedback, balancing criticism with positivity and motivation
- assess strengths and weaknesses in athletes’ performance and identifying areas for skill correction, improvement and/or further development
- adapt coaching and instruction skills to meet the needs and interests of group or individual athletes
- communicate instructions and commands using clear, simple language
- ensure that athletes train and perform to a high standard, maintaining health, wellness and safety of athletes’ at all times
- share knowledge and understanding of fitness, injury, sports psychology, nutrition and sports science with athletes
- monitor, measure and report athletes performance regularly
- liaise with other partners in performance management, such as SDSC sports officers, physiotherapists, doctors and nutritionists
If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic coach with an understanding of the needs of athletes with special needs and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us.
- At least 21 years of age
- Preferably with the relevant para sport coaching certificate from respective International Federation and/or National Federation
- Must be registered with Sport Singapore’s National Registry of Coaches (NROC)
- Preferably with IPC Introduction to Para Sports Coaching Certificate
- Preferably at least 600 hours in coaching para sport
- A deep understanding of talent development, athletes’ development pathways and Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
We will use the following criteria for evaluating your ITQ submission:
- Coaching qualifications
- Coaching track record
SUBMISSION OF ITQ
Vendors to submit your response by using the attached COACHING SERVICES RESPONSE template.
Deadline for submission: 30 January 2020, 5.00pm
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further clarifications or queries, please contact:
Mr. Justinian Chua
Pathway & Participation Manager
DID: 6342 3564