Seize the opportunity and challenge yourself! If you have what it takes, join us at the two day selection trials for Tenpin Bowling.
Together with Bowling Association for the Disabled (Singapore), SDSC will be organising the two day selection trials on 9 and 10 February 2018 at JForte Kovan.
Please read the rules and regulations below before registration.
BOWLING SELECTION TRIALS GENERAL PLAYING RULES
- All TBAL Rules and regulations will apply to this Selection Trial
- This selection trial will be conducted for the following Overseas Competitions:
- Micron World Para Bowling Series Tour Singapore 2018
- Hong Kong Tenpin Bowling Championship for the Disabled 2018
- Asian Para Games 2018
- Bowlers must wear appropriate bowling attire – Collared T-Shirts with long pants. The wearing of jeans, shorts, tank tops, hats, torn clothing or shirts with offensive wording or inappropriate images that may offend others will not be accepted
- No form of any headwear except scarf for Malay Muslim female
- Bowling shoes for all Bowlers.
- Proper attire will be strictly enforced, as this is a National Level Selection Trials.
- TPB1 Bowlers need to pre-register their pins-spotter for the trials.
- SINGAPOREAN CITIZENS ONLY. Bowlers must fall under the classification criteria by IBSA, INAS and CPISRA.
- All bowlers are responsible for the transportation and storage for all personal equipment.
- The organizer shall not provide a rail for TPB1 bowlers. Each TPB1 bowler should bring his/her guiderail.
- B1 bowlers must bring and wear their own blindfold or blind sports goggles/eyeshades.
- Only two bowling balls are allowed at any time on the ball dispenser for each bowler.
- Altering the bowling ball surface during a game is not allowed. Only before the start of a new game is permitted.
- No electrical/motorized wheelchairs are allowed for TPB8 bowlers
- All TPB8 bowlers are responsible for providing their own non-electrical/non- motorized wheelchairs.
- FOODS AND DRINKS
- Eating and drinking in the Player’s Area are strictly not permitted.
- Any protests, disputes or complaints arising during the Selection Tournament must be lodged with the Tournament Director immediately of the alleged infringement, and confirmed in writing within 24 hours. Disputes will be adjudicated by a SDSC Officer, and at least one other available
BADS Associated member. Their decision will be final.
- Error in scoring and error in calculations must be corrected by an official.
- PLAYER’S AREA
- Only National Coaches, National Manager, Tournament Officials and registered Pins-Spotter are allowed to be in the player’s area. Unauthorized personnel are to stay behind the cordoned area.
- FORMAT OF PLAY
- Bowlers will bowl a 6 games series.
- There will be a lane change after 3 games. There will be a lane change to the next pair of lanes to the right after 3 games. Lane change will rotate within the assigned lanes by category. Lane change will rotate within the assigned lanes by category.
- Bowlers are responsible to transfer their equipment to the next pair if lanes and can only start doing so upon instructions given by Tournament Officials.
- Pins-spotters shall assist bowlers only at the bowlers’ area in the following matters:
- Locating the bowlers’ ball on the ball return.
- Informing the bowler directions of the ball after delivery, pins left standing, and scores.
- Pin spotters are not allowed to verbally or physically assist bowlers during a delivery.
- On Day 1 of competition any bowler not checked in by the time specified according to the clock in the selection venue will be disqualified, unless a valid reason can be provided.
- Validity of the reason will be determined by the Tournament Director and the Singapore Disability Sports Council Officer-in- charge.
- TARDY BOWLERS
- Bowlers that arrive before the commencement of the 3rd frame, he/she may
join the game and commence bowling from the first frame.
- If a bowler arrives after the 3rd frame has been completed, he/she will have to forfeit that game.
- Smoking by participants is prohibited from the commencement of warm-up through to the completion of the days play on each day of the Selection Trials
- If a bowler is caught smoking during a game the score for the game will be zero pin fall.
- If a bowler is caught smoking during an interval of a game, the subsequent score for the game will be zero pin fall.
- TEAM ADMINISTRATION
- Managers and coaches are not permitted to enter the bowling lanes. ONLY the appointed National Team Coaches as well as National Team Manager are allowed to be at the bowling lanes.
- Each participant is required to submit a registration fee of SGD30 by 6 February 2018, 3pm via bank transfer OR cheque to:
Name of Bank: DBS Bank
A/C Name: Singapore Disability Sports Council
A/C Name: 033-021741-2
Branch Code: 033
Swift Code: DBSSSGSG
- SELECTION TRIAL SCHEDULE
- Friday 9 February 2018 JForte Kovan 6 Games CHECK IN BY 7PM PLAY COMMENCES at 7.30 PM
- Saturday 10 February 2018 JForte Kovan 6 Games CHECK IN BY 12.30 PM PLAY COMMENCES at 1.00PM
- All bowlers must conduct themselves in a sportsperson like manner whilst competing or whilst in the tournament center. Un-sportsperson like conduct will not be tolerated and may lead to the bowler/bowlers being disqualified
- Coaches are NOT permitted to coach at all times. Coaches are not allowed to move into the player’s area or hold up play.
- Coaches may stand directly behind the player’s area for bowlers but are NOT ALLOWED to communicate with the bowlers. The bowler could be disqualified if this happens. (Only the appointed National coaches are allowed to assist the bowlers)
To register, please download and complete the form HERE .
Submit completed forms to Mr Lim Liang Yi at email@example.com by 6 February 2018.