The 3rd Asian Youth Para Games will be held from 10 to 14 December 2017 in Dubai.
- SDSC will be nominating eligible youth athletes to participate in the 3rd Asian Para Games, based on the criteria stated within the Selection Policy of the Singapore National Paralympic Council (SNPC). Athletes and coaches will be responsible for ensuring that they are fully aware of and understand SNPC’s Selection Policy and its content, as well as updates and changes, if any, to the Policy.
- All youth athletes who wish to be nominated must have fulfilled the stated criteria and submitted the required information and interest to SDSC by 21 August 2017.
- All nominations will be screened by SDSC’s Sports Committee, after which the nomination shortlist will be submitted to SNPC. This list will be published on SDSC’s website (sdsc.org.sg) on 23 August 2017, 12pm.
- SNPC, as the national body representing Singapore to the Asian Paralympic Committee, has the sole and final decision in selecting or not selecting athletes to represent Singapore at the 3rd Asian Youth Para Games. SNPC is expected to publish the list of selected athletes on its website (snpc.org.sg) on 29 August 2017.
- Appeal against non-nomination by SDSC must be made in writing to SDSC’s Sports Manager (Mr Justinian Chua – email@example.com) by 25 August 2017, 12pm. Appeals submitted to other persons or emails will not be considered.
- An appeal would only be considered if the athlete has met SNPC’s selection criteria, but was not nominated due to gross oversight by SDSC. SDSC’s Sports Committee will deliberate the appeal and, if deemed necessary, hear the appeal by the athlete concerned.
- An appeal must be submitted with a deposit of S$100.00, payable to ‘Singapore Disability Sports Council’. If the appeal is successful, the deposit will be refunded in full.
- SDSC will submit all appeals and decisions, together with the nomination shortlist, to SNPC for review.
Overview of Timeline
15 August 2017 – Publication of updated selection criteria by SNPC
21 August 2017 – Deadline for eligible athletes to confirm interest in nomination to SDSC
23 August 2017 – Publication of nomination shortlist on SDSC’s website (12pm)
25 August 2017 – Deadline for appeals to SDSC (12pm)
29 August 2017 – Publication of selected athletes on SNPC’s website
Mr Justinian Chua | DID: 6342 3564 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org