ITQ for Swimming Coach
The Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) is the national sports body for the promotion and development of disability sports. We run a wide range of disability sports programme and are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team as a Swimming Coach.
Planning, Administration & Implementation
- produce personalised yearly training programmes for different athletes
- implement and monitor training plans; review plans and provide reasons for modifications where necessary
- maintain records of athletes’ performance
- coordinate and maintain records of athletes’ attendance at trainings
- recommend appropriate competitions for athletes, especially athletes in the elite squad
Coaching & Performance Management
Be able to:
- coach athletes in the specific sports; ensure athletes development and acquisition of skillfulness required for high performance
- evaluate performance and providing suitable feedback, balancing criticism with positivity and motivation
- assess strengths and weaknesses in an athletes’ performance and identify areas for skill correction, improvement and/or further development
- adapt coaching and instruction skills to meet the needs and interests of group or individual athletes
- communicate instructions and commands using clear, simple language
- ensure that athletes train and perform to a high standard, maintaining health, wellness and safety of athletes’ at all times;
- share knowledge and understanding of fitness, injury, sports psychology, nutrition and sports science with athletes
- monitor, measure and report athletes performance regularly
- liaise with other partners in athlete performance management, such as SDSC sports officers, physiotherapists, doctors and nutritionists
- At least 21 years of age
- Preferably registered with Sport Singapore’s National Registry of Coaches (NROC)
- At least 3 years of coaching experience, preferably in disability sports
- A deep understanding of talent development, athletes’ development pathways and Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
- Sound planning and knowledge in conducting sporting activities
Invitation to Quote
If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic coach with an understanding of the needs of athletes with special needs and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us.
To participate in this ITQ, you should forward your submission through email to email@example.com or Fax: 6342 0961 (attention: Ms Dilys Goh)
Please ensure that you include the following in your submission:
- a detailed CV with a recent photograph
- state clearly your academic/professional/coaching qualifications, working experience
- state clearly the fees you are quoting for your coaching services, e.g.
- hourly rate
- per training session rate (please state hours per session)
- monthly rate (please state no. of sessions per week/no. of hours per session)
** Please indicate the Sport (job title) that you are submitting for clearly on the subject heading of your email / Fax.
Alternatively, you may submit your interest by using the Coaching Services Response Form. To download, Click HERE
Deadline for submission: 27 March 2016, 5pm
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Thank you for your attention.