The Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) is the national sports body for the promotion and development of disability sports. We run a wide range of disability sports programmes and are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team as a coaches.
Planning, Administration & Implementation
- produce personalised yearly training programmes for different athletes
- implement and monitor training plans; review plans and provide reasons for modifications where necessary
- maintain records of athlete performance
- coordinate and maintain records of athlete attendance at trainings
- recommend appropriate competitions for athletes, especially athletes in the elite squad
Coaching & Performance Management
Be able to:
- coach athletes in the specific sports; ensure athlete development and acquisition of skillfulness required for high performance
- evaluate performance and provide suitable feedback, balancing criticism with positivity and motivation
- assess strengths and weaknesses in an athletes’ performance and identify areas for skill correction, improvement and/or further development
- adapt coaching and instruction skills to meet the needs and interests of group or individual athletes
- communicate instructions and commands using clear, simple language
- ensure that athletes train and perform to a high standard, maintaining health, wellness and safety of athletes at all times;
- share knowledge and understanding of fitness, injury, sports psychology, nutrition and sports science with athletes
- monitor, measure and report athlete performance regularly
- liaise with other partners in athlete performance management, such as SDSC sports officers, physiotherapists, doctors and nutritionists
Athletics | Badminton | Boccia | Chess | CP Football
Football Coach (Visual Impairment) | Goalball | Powerlifting | Sailing | Swimming | Table Tennis
If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic coach with an understanding of the needs of athletes with special needs, and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us.
- At least 21 years of age
- Preferably registered with Sport Singapore’s National Registry of Coaches (NROC)
- IPC Introduction to Para Sports Coaching Certificate
- A deep understanding of talent development, athletes’ development pathways and Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
- Sound planning and knowledge in conducting sporting activities
If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic individual with an understanding of the needs of athletes with special needs, and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us.
You should forward a detailed CV with a recent photograph, stating your academic/professional qualifications, working experience and the rate for your coaching services to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 63420961
Please indicate the job title on the subject heading of your email/fax.
Alternatively, you may submit your interest by using the Coaching Services Response Form HERE
Kindly refer to SDSC Coaching Framework before submitting your response HERE
Deadline for submission: 23 August 2017, 5pm
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.