The Singapore Disability Sports Council (SDSC) is the national sports body for the promotion and development of disability sports. We run a wide range of disability sports programme and are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team as a coach.
Planning, Administration & Implementation
- produce personalised yearly training programmes for different athletes
- implement and monitor training plans; review plans and provide reasons for modifications where necessary
- maintain records of athletes’ performance
- coordinate and maintain records of athletes’ attendance at training
- recommend appropriate competitions for athletes, especially athletes in the elite squad
Coaching & Performance Management
Be able to:
- coach athletes in the specific sports; ensure athletes development and acquisition of skillfulness required for high performance
- evaluate performance and providing suitable feedback, balancing criticism with positivity and motivation
- assess strengths and weaknesses in athletes’ performance and identifying areas for skill correction, improvement and/or further development
- adapt coaching and instruction skills to meet the needs and interests of group or individual athletes
- communicate instructions and commands using clear, simple language
- ensure that athletes train and perform to a high standard, maintaining health, wellness and safety of athletes’ at all times
- share knowledge and understanding of fitness, injury, sports psychology, nutrition and sports science with athletes
- monitor, measure and report athletes performance regularly
- liaise with other partners in performance management, such as SDSC sports officers, physiotherapists, doctors and nutritionists
If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic coach with an understanding of the needs of athletes with special needs and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us.
- At least 21 years of age
- Registered with Sport Singapore’s National Registry of Coaches (NROC)
- IPC Introduction to Para Sports Coaching Certificate
- A deep understanding of talent development, athletes’ development pathways and Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
- Sound planning and knowledge in conducting sporting activities
If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic individual with an understanding of the needs of athletes with special needs and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us.
You should forward a detailed CV with a recent photograph, stating your academic/professional qualifications, working experience and the rate for your coaching services to email@example.com or Fax: 63420961
Please indicate the job title on the subject heading of your email.
Alternatively, you may submit your interest by using the attached Coaching Services Response Template here.
Kindly refer to SDSC Coaching Framework before submitting your response.
Deadline for submission: 20 July 2018, 5 pm.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.